Garry Wasson educates and empower people with confidence and life skills. He has developed Australian amateur boxing champions & holds three black belts in three different styles of martial arts and holds numerous certifications within the fitness industry.
After having completed a diploma in sport psychology, he has worked as a sports motivator with Australian champions with great success.
He is also an author for the book Positive Mental Attitude which he self-published and has worked as the National Fitness Coordinator for Boxing Australia.
He was also a mentor for personal trainers with “Fitness U”. As a qualified trainer, assessor & facilitator, Garry has designed his own nationally recognised and approved course in boxing for fitness, designed for personal trainers titled “Elite Fitness Boxing Trainer”.
This course is approved by Physical Activity Australia & recognised by FITREC fitness professionals. In addition, Garry has also developed a business course for the fitness industry and a self-defence instructor course, the latter of which is industry endorsed and nationally recognised.
He has appeared and been featured in over 50 publications including the Daily Telegraph and Blitz Magazine in Australia and he has been a contributing author for “Fight Times” - a magazine in New Zealand. Garry had articles published that focus on business, personal training, fitness, motivation, boxing and self-defence.
Garry’s training expertise has been recognised and he has worked as a Extras Boxing Audition Advisor for the movie “Wolverine X-Men Origins”, and subsequently landed a role as a boxing extra himself in the movie.
Garry has been successfully self-employed for over 25 years through his company Excel Self Defence & blue cattle dog boxing where he offers personal training, fitness classes, online courses, business coaching courses, and mentoring.
Garry had the honour to work as a boxing trainer or sports motivator with boxers from Blue cattle dog boxing that went on to win the below titles:-
- Oceania champion.
- Australian champion.
- State champion.
- Afaura state champion
- PCYC state champion.
- City of Sydney champion.
- State novice champion.
- Southern zone champion.
- Best & fairest boxer in NSW
- Best NSW senior prospect boxer of the year.
- Most scientific boxer.
Key Achievements: -
- Diploma in Sport Psychology;
- Worked on “Wolverine X-men Origins” as a boxing extra & Extras Boxing Audition Adviser;
- Developed a nationally accredited self defence instructors course.
- Developed a nationally accredited online course Elite fitness trainer for fitness professionals;
- Developed a business course for personal trainers;
Boxing & Martial Arts
- Developed state & national amateur boxing champions;
- National trainer & assessor for Excel self-defence Black Belt course;
- Trainer & assessor for “FitBox” by Boxing Australia;
- Trainer & assessor for “Train like a Boxer” for Boxing Australia;
- National presenter trainer & assessor for Elite Fitness boxing trainer;
- Registered Coach Level 1 for Boxing Australia (NSW);
- Professional Kickboxing Instructor & professional Boxing trainer for Boxing Authority of NSW;
- Fully accredited Modbox coach with Boxing Australia;
- Level 1 Martial Arts Instructor for National Coaching Accreditation;
- Accredited Specialist in Martial Arts Conditioning international sports science association;
- Accredited Professional Manager in Professional Kickboxing & Boxing for NSW Sport & Recreation;
- 3 Black Belts in Different Styles of Martial Arts (Bukido Kai, Zen Chi Ryu, Excel Self Defence);
- Certified Coach with Martial Arts Australia & International Martial Arts Alliance.
- Fitness Australia Registered Fitness Professional 3
- Pro Mentor for personal trainers for Fitness U.
- Health Evaluation & Fitness Appraisal;
- Senior First Aid Certificate;
- Pre-Choreographed Group EX;
- Certified Certificate III Gym Instructor;
- Certified Certificate IV Personal Trainer;
- Out Door Personal Training Course Accredited;
- A Balancing ACT course;
- Total Body Blitz course;
- Weight Management program;
- Excel in the world of Personal Training;
- Protein the Key to Fat loss accredited program;
- Straps, steps Alignment accredited;
- Commanding Bootcamp Success
Strength & Conditioning
- Network Elite Strength Coach certificate;
- Certified Applied Strongman Trainer;
- Strength & Conditioning Success in the industry course;
- Non-Traditional Strength Training Accredited course;
- Powerhouse Performance Functional Strength training accredited course;
- Advanced Aids & training tools for strength & conditioning;
- Positive gains Hypertrophy;
- Maximum Strength Absolute Power;
- Sporting Performance Adolescence to Elderly;
- Resistance Training & Program Prescription, Accredited Program;
- Power & Speed Trainer. Accredited Program;
- Linked System Strength Training course;
- Sports Balance Accredited course;
- Swiss Ball Exercises for Conditioning & Core Stability Accredited;
- Battle Rope instructor Certificate.
- Certificate in Motivational Techniques;
- Professional Life Coach certification CDP Accredited;
- Meditation instructor;
- Wellness coaching for fitness professionals;
- How to coach your clients to success course;
- High-performance Goal Setting Certificate ASC;
- High-Performance Motivation. ASC;
- High-Performance Decisions Certificate ASC;
- High-Performance Concentration course ASC;
- Extraordinary Goals course;
- Exercise Physiology, Accredited program;
- Extraordinary Goals course;
- How to coach your clients to success;
- TAE40110 Qualified Trainer & Assessor;
- Certificate in Design-Led Strategy: Design thinking for business strategy and entrepreneurship with The University of Sydney and Coursera;
- Foundation Diploma social media marketing CDP Accredited;
- Entrepreneurship & business life coach certification CDP Accredited;
- Digital marketing course 37 hours certificate of completion;
- Facebook marketing 15 hours certificate of completion;
- Assessor training certificate Active Canberra;
- Presenter /Facilitator training certificate Active Canberra;
- National Presenter for Fitness boxing skills level 1;
- Conflict Resolution Certificate- Open Universities Australia;
- Negotiation & Conflict Resolution, Certificate of Achievement;
- Management for a Competitive Edge, Certificate of Achievement;
- Bully & Harassment for Employees, Certificate - Open Universities Australia;
- Strategic Management Certificate of Achievement;
- Armed Robbery Safety Awareness, Certificate of Completion - Open Universities Australia;
- Becoming a Confident Trainer, Certificate of Achievement;
- Sports & Recreation Management, Certificate of Achievement.